Painted Barstools…Finally!

This week I decided it was time to get a few
things done around my own house!
To accomplish this, I penciled myself into my
schedule! So…this week has been dedicated to
working at home…for ME!
I started out with cleaning and organizing.
But I’ve finished a few projects along the way!
First were these barstools I bought years ago
at a garage sale. They were just you basic
natural finish.  Nothing special.

I sanded, sprayed them with Kilz spray primer
and painted them Krylon’s Ivy Green.

My initial idea was to stop here.
But, as much as I loved this color,
it was just a little too
bright and intense for my kitchen.
SO…
I sanded, distressed and wiped on a
coat of Minwax Dark Walnut stain.
Honestly, I’ve been meaning to paint these
for years! I finally painted them
in the spring but it took me this long
to complete the job!
Paint barstools…check!At least one thing is off the list!
BLESSINGS!

Sonya

This entry was posted in Our Home, Painted Furniture, Power of Paint. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Painted Barstools…Finally!

1. Holly says:

That is a great pop of color. Distressing them is just the right touch. Great job!

2. They are beautiful – I may need to try that color on something!
    -Trish

3. They turned out great. I love green. This green looks perfect.

4. Susan says:

I love the color you chose. It was a good choice to stain and distress them as well!

5. Those look GREAT! We have one hanging around and normally I paint everything that doesn’t move, but never that about doing the stool. Thanks for the inspiration!

6. what a fabulous choice of color! the green brings such a nice touch to the space.

7. They turned out great, Sonya! I really like how the stain toned down the brightness just that little bit.

8. Kim says:

Absolutely the right decision, they look great – now get back to sewing! Ha, just kidding :). *hugs*

They look great, Sonya! Love the stain over the green.

10. Jennifer says:

Love your bar stools!!!

11. I have needed to paint mine forever–you have inspired me–I am doing it this weekend!

12. Oh I LOVE them!! That is the perfect shade of green!! Wow! You did a great job!

That is a great green! They look wonderful! Your projects sound like they take as long as mine sometimes!:)

14. I LOVE that shade of green! It looks just like Behr’s Lucky Bamboo, which I use all the time, but spraying on is so much better than painting on!

15. Ann says:

I really love that pop of green! And hurray, its Spray paint! Great makeover.

16. They look fantastic! I use Ivy Leaf for a lot of projects too, it’s the perfect green! Beautiful distressing too. Great job!

17. These looks amazing – I love the distressing – fantastic job! I’ll be featuring this tomorrow – Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a fabulous week. Stephanie Lynn

18. Alicia King says:

turned out great! i’ve been wanting to try that green! my favorite color!

19. Jessica says:

These are so fun! Great job! I’ve always wanted to distress but kind of unsure about it. I have a dresser I’ve been stripping and would love to do something like this!

Thanks so much for your visit. :)

20. Meg says:

Love the color! And, I’m a huge fan of distressing. Great job!

Thanks for joining my Friday link party! Hope to see you back this Friday!

21. Tanya says:

They look great!

22. jerriann says:

Ooh, I love them too!! They look great, love the pop of bright color and that you turned that down just a bit. Thanks for sharing, now I’ve got to add it to my list.