Elizabeth’s Christmas Open House

Entertaining family and friends during the holidays is something we all look forward to.  But what if you were asked to entertain 180 to 200 people in one evening?
As one of 5 families participating in a local Christmas Home Tour, my friends, Tim and Elizabeth, did just this!

Welcome
The plaque on the front door reads, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
When you enter their home you see this beautifully decorated dining room, complete with table set for eight. Love the leopard print host and hostess chairs!
Elizabeth used inexpensive burlap, cut in squares, layered and bunched, as the foundation for her tablescape.

Notice how she has used a combination of casual & natural elements, bling & glitter, as well as whimsical dishes, to create her table setting.  It all comes together just perfectly!
To the right, just inside the door, is a distressed black hutch filled with a portion of their nativity collection…which numbers over 55!
Thank you, Tim and Elizabeth, for opening your home!
More of this beautiful home coming soon!
Merry Christmas!
SHARING WITH:
This entry was posted in Christmas, Dining Rooms, Exteriors, Featured Homes. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Elizabeth’s Christmas Open House

1. Cheri says:

So beautiful – I agree, everything goes together so well!!

2. You have very brave friends. I will look forward to more pictures.
    Traci

3. What a beautiful dining room, Sonya! I love the leopard print chairs at the table. I was thinking of getting something similar to change up my dining room a little, but we should be downsizing this coming year and I may nix a dining room {even if the new place has one}. We hardly use it. I’ve decided to take a wait and see attitude before I buy anything new, but I do love that idea.

4. Susan says:

There is no way ever I would attempt to entertain that many people!! Your friend Elizabeth is exceptional! I love her home. Thank her for sharing!!

5. Lori says:

Love that hutch. I am amazed when people open their homes to home tours. Our town does four every Christmas. The Women’s service club is the beneficiary.

6. Meg says:

I’m loving those star bowls! Great decorating. So beautiful!

Elizabeth’s home is beautiful! I especially love her front door and how she decorated outside.

8. Darla says:

That’s a lot of work! I’m sure the guests enjoyed seeing all of this. Beautiful.

9. It looks amazing! Sure is a lot of work though…WOW

10. Hi Sonya, I really like the over-sized ornaments hanging from the chandelier. What a fun tour. Blessings and Merry Christmas, oh, and hugs!

11. Michelle says:

Hi Sonya! Gorgeous – I just love the look of ornaments hanging from the chandelier ;)

Michelle
    New England-Style

12. Oh! I am in love with everything!

13. Beautiful!! I can’t wait to see more!

Love the leopard print chairs too!

Lou Cinda

14. Wow, everything is fabulous. Such beautiful decorations and such attention to every detail. Just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

15. How beautiful. The hutch with the nativity scenes is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

16. I am just catching up on my reading – what a gorgeous home! I love the fun tempered with the natural.