Peyton’s Room

Pink and Green! Such a great combination for a little girl’s room. When I met 5 year old Peyton and her mom, Jenni, they were just about to move into their new home and Peyton’s new bedroom.
Jennie had a great sense of the look she wanted for her daughter’s room.  She had her painter create this dramatic harlequin pattern on the focal wall behind Peyton’s bed.
Working with a few existing pieces…the pink damask quilt, chair-and-a-half and matching pillow, we choose four more fabrics and 2 trims to add to the room.

A 1/2″ black and white check fabric was used on the bedskirt and euro pillow. The green ”button” fabric became the main body of the valance on the window treatment as well as a 4″ ruffle on the pillow.

The floor length panels are made from a white and silver medallion printed linen. The pink and white dotted cafe sheers were purchased from Pottery Barn Kids and hemmed to fit.

The main body of the valance is 24″ long surrounded on three sides by a 6″ gathered pink taffeta ruffle. A tiny ruffle of black and white check, cut on the bias, as well as a multi colored brush fringe complete the details. The b&w check fabric was added to peek out from behind on the droops.

The panels were hung on wooden rods and sewn on rings which Jenni painted this gorgeous metallic finish. Using what she had on hand, the hardware was painted with matte black craft paint, glazed with Sherwin Williams Illusions latex translucent metallic technique finish and sealed with Delta sealer.
A wide green grosgrain ribbon was added as an additional detail on the gathered bedskirt.
I love the attention to detail in this room! From the pearly pink fleur-de-lis painted on the wall to the tiny black & white ruffle on the window treatments.  It’s what makes this room perfect for a tiny princess named Peyton! See her brother Grayson’s room here.
Are you detailed oriented? Do you delight in adding special details to your projects?

SHARING WITH:
Photobucket

A Little Knick KnackUndertheTableandDreaming

Becolorful

Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple

This entry was posted in Girls Bedrooms, Glazing, PILLOWS, Power of Paint, Window Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Peyton’s Room

1. Stunning – once again your fabrics and finishes make the room! Stay warm. xoxo Bev

2. Just beautiful, Sonya! I love the green ribbon detail on the bedskirt and the matching pillow with that fabulous button fabric. I also like how you carried it across the room to the valances. What a fun room!

3. Dara Lynn says:

Gorgeous!!!!I am always amazed at the color, texture, combinations …apart..so plain, but all together, Peyton is a lucky little girl. :)

4. I cannot believe my eyes when I see your creations! You have so many elements in the valance alone!! I think that puckery green fabric is sooo cool Sonya. Is is a poly? Anyway there is a frenchy Mackenzie Childs vibe to this room that I love!

5. Cute, cute, cute. You should share this at my party. This is a wow!

I LOVE these window treatments! The green button fabric is gorgeous! Such a precious room for a little girl. :)

7. Darling! Very chic! :-) Peyton was one of the names we considered for our daughter. I love everything about this space Sonya and your use of fabrics is just perfect once again!
    Vanessa

8. This is a home-owner who has NO FEAR of colour and the results are stunning! Let’s not forget your gift of mixing and matching fabrics and then creating the most beautiful home decor items! This room is fit for a Princess!

9. Soooo cute! Perfect for a little girl.
    Michele

10. Jennifer says:

Okay, let me tell you how much I love that button fabric as the trim on that pillow… SO MUCH. It’s gorgeous in general, but it makes the perfect trim! Great room!

11. Oh my! If I had a girl, this room would be my inspiration room! So fabulous!

12. Cindy says:

So much color! Such a sweet room design and I too love the button fabric!

13. Wow what a great room! I bet she loves it!The window treatments are awesome!

14. Well, are you going to tell us where to find that green button fabric or do we have to rough you up for it? It’s adorable!!! Love it!

Ellen

15. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! You AMAZE me girlfriend! Always a homerun with you!

xoxokara

16. The green “button” fabric, for lack of a better word, can be found here locally in OKC at Fabrics Unlimited. Fabric Direct also carries this fabric in other colors. I’ve not been able to locate it online as of yet. It’s a great fabric! Adds such dimension to any project!

17. Hi, Sonya! I haven’t been visiting many blogs these past few weeks — I have had horrible winter allergies… But looking at your creations are like a breath of fresh Spring air! Oh, how absolutely lovely. You do such fine work. That pillow and dust ruffle is to-die-for. And your valance? I love the way you mix the main fabric, then the baby ruffle, then the fringe, then the big ruffle… Your really are so creative and make such gorgeous things! I am sure that little girl loved her room.
    Best,
    Gloria
    P.S. Please visit my blog to enter a CSN give-away going on! :)

18. Okie Chic says:

Love that room. I painted that same pattern on my Ems old bedroom when she was in high school. Sooo pretty. Check my blog out I gave you something.

19. Kimra says:

i dont think i can express how much i love this! love the diamond wall with the fleur de lis, love the curtains, just love love love

20. Hi Sonya! Just coming back by to say thank you for linking up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

21. what a sweet room! everything just looks great. love the curtains

22. Another gorgeous room, Sonya! I love the button fabric, it could easily be the focal point, yet it’s a supporting character… The harlequin wall is so cool. (I’m surprised your home isn’t done in all neutrals, since you use so much color with your clients.) Hugs, friend, I hope you are getting some rest :). ~Kim

23. Lindy says:

Both brother and sister’s rooms are gorgeous! I love the fabrics — that cute green silk and black and white check especially!

24. Becolorful says:

I totally love everything about this look. The combination of fabrics, the added sophistication of the black and white pops, the trims, EVERYTHING!
    Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I will be featuring this. Love Love Love it. I know. I already said that. :)
    Pam

25. Meg says:

Wow! I’m loving this color combo! I’m a fan of the green/black checked look! The colors are pretty amazing. What a perfect fit for a little girls room!