Lilli’s Room

I love home tours.
I love seeing how people make their space their own.
Especially when their personality just shines through.
And to me, this room doesn’t just shine personality…it screams personality! Maybe multiple personalities but in this case that’s okay! 🙂
This funky, colorful room belongs to Lilli, one of my youngest daughter’s best friends.
Lilli is a spunky little girl who greets you with a huge smile every time you see her. A smile so big that you can’t help but smile with her!
An unexpected mix of color and pattern is evident everywhere you look.

For instance, in just this one corner you see black and white damask-like chandelier print, purple sheers, pink calico, tulle, black and white houndstooth, turquoise and a funky vintage inspired pillow!

The wall behind the bed has been painted with a pale peachy/salmon stripe on top of the glazed yellow walls. I’m loving the mix of pillows!

This is one of my favorite aspects of the room. A vintage mirror paired with two mini chandeliers hung from brackets originally intended for hanging plants.

On the wall opposite the bed is a shelf full of all things Lilli!

Even the chandelier gets a special touch. Don’t have the time or inclination to make a cord cover? How about a cotton candy style, tulle concoction to dress up your light fixture?

Everyone may not subscribes to the “More is More” theory.
But if you do…or more importantly, if your child does…Go for it!
Let their personalities scream and shine! They’ll love you for it!
Home Office
Valentine Tree
This entry was posted in Bedrooms, Decorating Ideas, Featured Homes, PILLOWS. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Lilli’s Room

1. Just looking at Lili’s room I can see her very individual and bright personality! Young and fun.
    Lili, keep shining!
    Thank you for sharing!

2. Susan says:

What a cute room!

3. Oh I just love it. So fun, and whimsical!

4. Phyllis says:

Oh, I can relate to this room…..looks like one that my grown daughter would have loved! McKenzie and Childs really appeals to me so I find this room just perfectly wonderful and happy….who could not be happy in this room! I go by the theory that “too much ain’t enough”.

5. I love this little room and what personality it has!

Thanks for sharing!

6. Cheri says:

So pretty!! Hey, you will have to come check out my new photos taken with a lightbox hubs made for me today. LOVE being married to a handy engineer! The photos are incredible (as I learn just what to do! lol)

7. So cute! Love that her mom lets her little personality shine through in her space.

8. Lori says:

Cute! I wonder if it glows when she turns out the lights?

9. She has Bohochic style for sure!

10. Leslie says:

What a darling room!
    I think I love that blue desk/vanity…and the vintage phone and the rose lampshade and the zebra bench, oh! and the pocket wall hanging and the owls…oh, and the…etc.
    It is all adorable!
    Tell Lilli we all think her room is just SICK (she’ll know what THAT means, well, rather, I hope she does)! 😉

What a great room for a little girl & I think that’s the perfect time for “more is more”!!

12. Debbie says:

What a cute room just bursting with personality. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a young girl’s room like this. I’d just like to own a rose shaded lamp like hers 😀

13. Loretta says:

Eclectic ambience! Great choices, colors Pop! I love this room! Thanks for sharing. Luv-Loretta

14. Paula says:

Your love for your daughter just shines in that room. Letting her be her is the best part instead of us mom’s forcing our taste on our kids. Yea for you and her room is adorable!!

15. I would have loved a room like this as a little girl! Our home’s decor was so ‘conservative’. This room is fun, fun, fun!

16. SHERRY HART says:

What a cute room. I think she will be an artist someday….Lili has personality!

17. Becolorful says:

I feel like she could be mine. :0
    Love that turquoise make up table for sure.
    Thanks for sharing this fun space on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.

18. Gypsy Heart says:

My kinda girl! 🙂 Just love it ~ and I love the fact that she’s allowed to do this. I hope her creative side continues.

Have a wonderful week!

19. Susan S. says:

Hi there….I just popped into your blog and ADORE it! The colorful bedroom is amazing and full of personality! I’ve also added myself as a follower…hope you drop by and see me sometime! Happy Spring Ya’ll from Houston, Tx!

20. Mrs.B says:

Cute for her!! I know that little girl must LOVE her space. We just redecorated my daughter’s room the way SHE wanted it! She is very happy! 🙂

21. ♥ Miss Tea says:

adorably cute room!! loving the decoration in her room!

22. she’s back!!! so glad you could party with us! this room is gorgeous. what a great kids room, love it.

23. What a cute room! I love the pictures that you post of your friends’ homes! I love home tours also. I enjoy seeing all of your sewing projects – your funky taste inspired me to do some sewing projects of my own (with alot of help from my mother!) Thanks!!

24. Donnie says:

I bet she’ll have a creative blog some day. Too cute.

25. Lilli must be a busy and creative girl! I really like the turquoise desk.

26. What a “vibrant” room. I am about to do the 10 year old here a “vibrant” room, even tho I swore to her the last time that I painted her room that it would not be re-done again until she was old enough to do it herself! Thanks for sharing. Must be a really fun little girl!