Turquoise, Silver, Black & White Bathroom

Don’t you love rooms that have an element of surprise or a bit of the unexpected?

My friend, Tricia, recently redecorated her powder bath and I just had to share this with you. A small room with just a few changes but what an impact! Tricia chose a stunning black and white damask wallpaper which works wonderfully with her black distressed cabinetry.

She highlighted the black mirror with touches of silver and turquoise.

And brought in her element of surprise with a turquoise ceiling paired with silver crown molding and baseboards. Silver paint by Modern Masters.

This being a small space it was impossible to get a shot of the entire room but honestly the beauty here is in the details and I’m loving these details!

Wallpaper and two small cans of paint! Imagine what YOU could do with wallpaper and two cans of paint! Have you experimented with the metallic paints?
Thank you, Tricia, for sharing your stunning powder bath with us!
Wallpaper was purchased at Munger Paint and Wallcovering in Oklahoma City.
SHARING WITH:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Domestically Speaking
Transformation Thursday

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Designer Garden

This entry was posted in Bathrooms, Decorating Ideas, Power of Paint, Turquoise. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Turquoise, Silver, Black & White Bathroom

1. Karen says:

That is gorgeous! Love the turquoise ceiling! And I’ve never thought to paint trim with metallic paint. Very creative. It looks so perfect!

2. Wow, it is so GORG!! You have some very talented friends!! :) Got my head rolling for ideas for our new house downstairs bathroom.

3. This is beautiful. Loving the colors.

I am loving the turquoise ceiling. Maybe I need to consider a color for my powder room. Thanks for sharing.
    Traci

5. Cheri says:

Oooh la la!! So pretty!! Sonya, thanks so much for the shout out the other day!!

6. Oh, what an inspiration…it makes me want to go do a space!

7. That is gorgeous, and yes I have been experimenting~a lot!

8. Lori says:

I is stunning, brave girl, but well worth it. Love the baseboards and molding.

9. Stephanie says:

I just love this look – thanks for sharing!

10. Absolutely stunning, Sonya! My powder room is the same ~ I hit an elbow into the wall or door whenever I try to get a decent picture. Love that wallpaper pattern, and your friend, Tricia, really did what I always think about powder rooms ~ they can be little jewel boxes. You can probably get a little more creative with them because they are so small. She definitely made this a little jewel box!

11. Dara Lynn says:

Tricia’s bathroom is a stunner Sonya!!! It’s those kind of details…..turquoise ceilings and silver metallic moldings that make me think ” now why did I not think about that?” ! Tricia’s bathroom is so unexpected BUT is Sooooooo works!!!!!

12. Metallics are so ‘in’ right now and it’s evident why … put together properly it’s fabulous! The colour combinations in this small powder room are beautiful and quite unexpected! Love it!

13. Susan says:

Sonya I love that bathroom!! Somehow on my computer that damask looked like a chocolate brown!! I love that it is black! But the chocolate brown would be pretty too!

14. Darla says:

This is one of my favorite color combinations that you have featured.

15. Beautiful! Very classy and I love the color combo.

16. Lisa says:

Just gorgeous!!!!

17. Janie says:

Stunning effect! Just beautiful…

Janie
    Romantic Domestic

18. LOVE IT!

What a great color combo…what color is that blue?

19. Leslie says:

Yum. Where do you get all these cool friends with great decorating ideas?

20. Hello visiting from Amaze Me August.
    I love this bathroom. Very elegant. I love the idea of painting the ceiling with that blue.

I’m following you from http://www.daughterbydesign.blotspot.com

21. I’m crackin’ up right now because I just posted about our powder room and it has almost the identical damask wallpaper except in yellow! :-) I love your friend’s color pallette and that she was willing to take a risk and now gets to reap the fabulous reward for it!
    Vanessa

22. Wow, those details are something. I really like the surprising ceiling–the silver’s lots of fun, too, extra elegance thrown in.

23. Michelle says:

I love big impact in little rooms. Thanks for sharing :)

24. Judy says:

I’d just want to stay in the bathroom all day if that were mine!

25. her bathroom is gorgeous, thanks for sharing this at my party!

26. I’m lovin this bathroom!!! Your friends have the best taste!!!

27. Laura says:

There are so many things I love about this powder room, I don’t know where to start!

As a designer, do many of your clients want the all neutral, rusty, shabby look we see in blog land?

I love color- don’t you?

Laura
    White Spray Paint

28. Love the wallpaper!

I think I could live in there it is soo pretty! Thanx for sharing Sonya!!

30. Gypsy Heart says:

Now, that’s what I’m talking about! :-) LOVE it!
    These are some of my very favorite colors. She did a magnificent job with this. Thanks so much for sharing!

31. Sonya…I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! The turquoise ceiling! L-O-V-E!!!! You are amazing! Come to Lubbock and work with me…PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! Its BEAUTIFUL!

xoxokara

32. LC says:

Wow! Beautiful!

have a happy day~L

33. ImagineCozy says:

Now that was creative. I love that the ceiling was turquoise. What a fun and interesting surprise!
    -Angela

34. I love the ceiling. Beautiful powder room. ~Kim

35. Sommer says:

FANTASTIC! I love that pop of color against all the neutrals. The patterns are to die for. You pulled it off perfectly. I would be delighted if you would link this up to my VIP party Friday =)
    Cheers! Sommer

36. Lesley Ward says:

Your bathroom looks great!!!! I love your style! Ive been needing inspiration! Follow me back!

<3,
    your newest follower

37. Beautiful!!! That silver molding adds so much to the room & I always adore damask. I’m putting it in the Spotlight at the PoPP… thank for linking up!

38. Becolorful says:

How cool is that? I never would have thought of it and I am always so impressed when others do. I am making a note of this for some future project. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
    Pam

39. Kasey says:

I love it! I have been trying to find wallpaper for my bathroom like that! Where did she get it?

40. Gorgeous!! LOVE those colors!! Just beautiful!

Lou Cinda