A Custom Shower Curtain for Robin

I first “met” Robin a little over a year ago. Even though we’ve never met in person we’ve been able to collaborate on several projects for her home. First were a couple of pillows for her barstools. Seen here. Next we made three pillows for her living room. Seen here.
Our latest project is a shower curtain for her main bath which is also her daughter’s bathroom. So we had to make sure her daughter approved as well!
Robin said the colors she wanted to use were chocolate brown & blue. I found the brown and blue damask as a remnant and knew it would be the perfect jumping off fabric.
The problem was I had less than 3 yds and your average shower curtain takes 5 yards! Knowing Robin loves animal prints the obvious solution was to mix in this Cheetah fabric and a bit of bling.
Sometimes, I think the limitations on a project (like having only 3 yds of your main fabric) help to create a better end result. The fabric dilemma had me thinking of other creative ways to make a shower curtain.
This shower curtain more like a regular window treatment instead of your typical shower curtain. The wooden rings are sewn on just behind the ruffle along the upper edge.

Improvising in order to get a photo, I hung the shower curtain from a rod stretched between the two doors leading into my master bath.
Later, Robin sent me this photo of the shower curtain in it’s new home! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was when I read her email…
 “I received the shower curtain yesterday and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! It is absolutely perfect!!! The ruffle trim you added was adorable and that trim….oh my I could put that trim on everything in my house!!! My daughter was thrilled too!!! It amazes me how you “get” my taste without ever meeting me personally.”
Thank you, Robin! It’s been such a joy working with you!
***

Don’t miss the new

“Love Words” Pillow Covers now available in the Shop!
Also available - “Love” - “Amore” – “Adore” - “Kiss Me”
or ask me about customizing your own!
SHARING WITH:

Would you like Beyond the Screen Door delivered to your inbox? It's easy! Just enter your e-mail address:

This entry was posted in Bathrooms, Shower Curtains. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to A Custom Shower Curtain for Robin

What a beautiful combination of patterns. Love that animal print.
    Traci

OMG!! LOVE! The shower curtain is amazing!!! You’re soooo talented!

3. You’re the queen of improvision when it comes to fabric! You have that ‘gift’ to mix’n’match perfectly. Have a great weekend!

4. Susan says:

Love the shower curtain! I do believe it came out better with using the two fabrics and the bling. Would not have had the same impact if you had used the one fabric.

5. Wonderful job on the shower curtain. What a great idea to add the cheetah fabric as an addition at the bottom to “stretch” the fabric!

6. Wow good job! Love the 2 fabrics!!

7. I totally agree Sonya! I think when you don’t have enough you can get better results because of it~stunning curtain! I love everything about it. I have all glass doors in my house or I would be copying you!!

8. Gorgeous, Sonya! Love the ruffled detailing at the top. The trim is great, too, and I love the fabrics you paired together.

9. sissie says:

Sonya,
    The shower curtain is over the top classy and pretty. I’m so glad that she like it.
    Love your word pillows too.

hugs
    Sissie

10. Tyla says:

Very pretty. I love how you mix and match your fabrics. One day soon I hope to FINALLY have the fabric I got from you made into actual curtains. I was so anxious to get it done and then WHAM…sidetracked.

Regarding your comment to my Scarlett post…I LOVE the Carol Burnette version. I laugh myself silly each time I see it. :)

11. Roxanna says:

You combined my favorite colors together and then the leopard…………oh my gosh,love, love, love it.

12. What a gorgeous shower curtain! It is fabulous and I “love” the new pillows. You have been busy in the new year.

The shower curtain is beautiful! You know I love brown, and the blue/brown damask is gorgeous. Libby and I are loving the new “Love” pillows. a.dor.a.ble. :)

14. Paula says:

Oh Sonya, that is fantastic. We have high ceilings in our daughters room and our guest room. I made fabric one’s to go over the shorter plastic liner and they went from ceiling to floor and do look so much nicer than the standard one’s you buy. The fabric you picked was absolutely fabulous!

15. Dara Lynn says:

Sonya, my sweet friend… you have mad fabric skillz!!!!

16. Toodie says:

Very pretty! I usually make my own shower curtains too, but they are not nearly as gorgeous as this one!

17. It is so pretty, love the combination of fabrics you used. You’re right, not having enough fabric helped this curtain potential grow. It really is so pretty. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday’s Best!

18. Even though it’s an accident, this is one time when I think it was meant to be. The addition of the beaded trim and the animal print gave the shower curtain pizazz that it wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Thanks for sharing this on my “Your Cozy Home” Party!

19. Gorgeous material. You did a great job on that shower curtain.

20. I’m your neighbor at No Minimalist…… You did a great job and I like the combination of fabrics you used.

21. You are talented Sonya!! That is one gorgeous shower curtain.

22. That turned out so pretty, Sonya. It’s so nice that you’re able to turn out such great coordinating items for Robin’s home long distance.

23. Anonymous says:

Beautiful. Love the combination of fabrics. Wish I could put things together like that.

24. Great job!! I love it. I’m a big fan of leopard prints. It’s nice to meet another sewer out there.
    Jules

That is just beautiful Sonya!! Thanx for coming to the party. Off to see what pretties you have in the shop.

26. Becolorful says:

Where have I been? Didn’t realize you were doing pillows in your shop. As for the shower curtain, I love how anything goes with animal print. :0 Thanks for sharing over at BeColorful
    Pam