A Painted Dresser

Look at this charming dresser!
 I found these pics while cleaning up the photos on my computer and decided this is just too pretty not to share!
This dresser was hand painted by Heather from Lucky Peach Designs.
And by hand painted I mean – really hand painted!

Without stencil or pattern!

Remember these pillows?

When I delivered them to Jan I was able to see this lovely Heather creation. Love the color, pattern, distressing…all of it!
Does this inspire you to try something like this?

Makes me want to pull out my paintbrushes!

This entry was posted in Paint Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A Painted Dresser

1. That dresser is so pretty, Sonya! It would suit so many of your pillow and window treatment designs, too. Ouch! That had to hurt. Yesterday my thumb area was sore and I couldn’t for the life of me think of what I had done. It was kind of like an over extended feel, but this morning it’s fine. Ahhh, the joys of aging!

2. Beautiful dresser…I wish I were that creative!!

I hope your “itis” {inflammation} clears up soon. Ouch!

The book you are reading sounds good. I have been getting into the beach reads for the past year, they are SO addicting! I feel bad that I’m not learning anything! lol!

Have a great weekend, Sonya

XO,
    Jane

3. Marie Wreath says:

Goodness, take care of your self Sonya!! Love the dresser, the colors the pattern and the distressing… Cannot wait to see your new projects!! Happy weekend to ya. xoxo

4. Marsha says:

That dresser is beautiful–thanks for sharing. I’m your newest follower! Happy Saturday.

5. Lisa says:

That dresser is gorgeous! As are your beautiful pillows! Thanks for letting us take a peek.:)

6. Rooms by Ann says:

Beautiful dresser, I wish I could paint like that. Thanks for sharing.

7. Very pretty dresser, love the color. And I’m sorry to hear about your wrist! I did break my wrist years ago (I slipped and fell in mud!!) and it was a pain to have the cast and then a brace. It was my right wrist too (I’m right-handed). What a fiasco. It very rarely hurts, except sometimes when it’s going to rain! So I’m sure that your tendonitis will get better in time. Things always “soften” after the “initialness” of them. One day, you will realize that it doesn’t even hurt and you will smile. 🙂
    Best,
    Gloria

8. Haddock says:

The colour of the painting is a lovely contrast to the background.

The dresser is beautiful, but you could so do something like that. 🙂

I’m sorry about your wrist; Mom hadn’t told me about that and as a horrible sister I haven’t talked to you in forever. 🙁 I’m glad you’re doing better.

Love you, sis!

10. Sonia says:

Gorgeous dresser!! Love my visits to your blog always something beautiful posted…thanks for the link to the Organized Simplicity book. I think I will order a copy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Miss Bloomers

11. That dresser is stunning, wow, and double wow.

Sorry about your wrist, does it hurt to blog? Ha, ha, that sounds funny.

My ankle is still not back to normal since I sprained it several weeks ago, maybe 3 by now. It’s sometimes swollen at the end of the day too, but I don’t have a limp any more, and going up and down the stairs doesn’t hurt any more, but being on my feet a lot does make it hurt.

Closing on the MIL’s house in two weeks and then we are really for the most part done with her estate although there is one issue that we hope to resolve soon. The party is over and we got our ag exemption renewed (but that was a big deal since we had to convert to a wildlife exemption to keep it) so now you are up to date with me. Hope your wrist is better soon.

12. Stephanie says:

Love the dresser – I could never do that without a stencil! So exciting that you are busy – you are in high demand lady!

13. Denise says:

I popped by your blog to see what was up and before I read anything, I thought Hey….that looks like Heather’s work. Thanks so much for featuring us!
    Denise

14. Gypsy Heart says:

Just gorgeous! I wish I had the talent to free hand something like that.

Busy? Oh yeah! And it’s not the fun type either. I love to read romance novels…an escape for me. My daughter just gave me her Kindle and she has a ton of books on it. I’m going through those to see what I want to read first.

I so hope your “itis” is much better! I know how much pain these things can cause.

15. Gypsy Heart says:

Just gorgeous! I wish I had the talent to free hand something like that.