A Ballgown for the Office Window

Velvet, organza, taffeta…sounds like a ballgown doesn’t it?

I made this particular ballgown/window treatment for the office of a most remarkable lady.
In January, I met with Wendy to talk about window treatments for her home. During that first visit, Wendy shared how she and her husband were in the process of building a new facility for her expanding medical practice, Integrative Medical Solutions, in Edmond, Oklahoma.
“Would you like to see the building?”  What a deceptively simple question!

The result of that question was the wonderful experience of working these past four months with Wendy and her husband Lane, to complete the finishing touches on their new building.

Isn’t this piece Wendy found amazing?
 The twig frame is as much a piece of art as the canvas!

Back to the windows…made from a velvet, pink and silver damask (Sorry, source unknown.) the panels include a gathered “skirt” along the lower edge complete with a tiny ruffle and tassel fringe. The upper edge is finished with a 2″ organza ruffle.

FABRICS: gray organza and taffeta (skirt) – Interior Fabrics, pink damask – unknown.
The ballgown is just the beginning!
 There is so much more to show you of this beautiful new building full of wonderful furniture, accessories and ideas for your own home!

It’s unlike any medical building I’ve ever been to! I promise!
Integrative Medical Solutions in Edmond, Oklahoma.
This entry was posted in Offices, Vintage, Window Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A Ballgown for the Office Window

1. Marie Wreath says:

Well you are certainly doing a lot to beautify Oklahoma, one window at a time! xoxo I am smitten by the pink and silver… so cooling and feminine. Another gorgeous creation, Sonya!! Thanks a ton for sharing the other photos too.

2. Marydon says:

Such beautiful fabric … you are amazing Sonya. i love it.

Have a wonderful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

3. Amy says:

WOW Sonya!!! I love the “ball gown” window treatment!!!! So elegant!! I’m still trying to decide what I want! Would love to have something done by June 23rd! We are hosting my parents 30th wedding anniversary party here at our house! I’m getting desperate! Hope you’re enjoying your spring so far! I’m loving it! Later…

4. How PRESH! I love these window treatments!

5. The fabrics are stunning, Sonya! I love the ball gown look ~ if you remember I did something similar for my guest bedrom. Still love seeing it everyday! I can’t believe this is in a professional office, but I think it’s great. It definitely looks much more comfortable than what you would expect a standard office to look like.

6. sissie says:

Hi Sonya,
    I really love the ballgown drapes.
    The fabric is stunning and the design is so pretty.

hugs
    Sissie

7. NanaDiana says:

You did a beautiful job on those drapery panels. They are just gorgeous! I love that twig framed bird’s nest picture! xo Diana

8. Rooms by Ann says:

You did an amazing job, I love the style and colors. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

How beautiful!

10. Paula says:

What a beautiful feminine touch! You continue to amaze me with your fabric choices!

11. Etcetorize says:

Wow! Those drapes are gorgeous! I love the bottoms. If you’re looking for another place to share, head over to Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.com). Party starts tonight, hope to see you (and your drapes) there~

All of your window treatments are gorgeous!

13. Hi, I am a new follower! I love your blog!

14. Terry says:

Even though I live in Illinois now, my heart is still in Oklahoma, Tulsa to tell and Edmond is not that far away. We will be there on Friday for a family visit. I am also a seamstress and know the work involved and creativity. These drapes are 2-die-4 and I hope that you will be able to show us more of this interesting place.

15. Sonia says:

Wow that window treatment looks like it’s ready for a prom!!! So pretty! Love the pink damask with the deep gray silk ruffle. Very nice! What type of medical office is this? Since I’m a nurse would be interested in what they do!
    Miss Bloomers

Those are beautiful Sonya!!

Those are beautiful Sonya!!

18. Gypsy Heart says:

Just gorgeous ~ as usual! I love the other touches of decor that are shown. This would be the type of medical facility that I wouldn’t mind going to.