Colorful Laundry Room Window Treatments

Are you wondering why these cute curtains are all tied up?

Well, there’s a perfectly good reason and I’ll explain in just a bit.

First I want to show you these adorable, BRIGHT & FUN window treatments.

The first window treatment features a lime green chevron for the body with a fuchsia cheetah print cuff finished with a bright turquoise ruffle along the lower edge. The curtain is lined with regular lining but I included a chevron band along the upper back side so the lining wouldn’t show when as the treatment “drooped”.

The same chevron fabric was used as the lining for the second window treatment, which will be hung on the exterior laundry room door.

This window treatment features the fuchsia cheetah as the main fabric, a band of chevron along the lower edge and a fun turquoise beaded trim detail.

Now, why am I tying up window treatments and pinching them with clothes pins?

Have you ever worked with window treatments that are a bit set in their ways and need to be encouraged to do what you want them to do? Well, here’s a great solution.

In this case, the fuchsia cheetah we used on this window treatment is actually an upholstery weight fabric and a bit thick. Once the window treatments were finished, I hung them from a rod I had at home, placed the folds as I’d like them to be, pinched their little noses with painted and glittered clothespins and tied them up with scraps of fabric.

Tip: If you try this at home, choose a fabric a bit less prone to “shedding” than this one.

Here you see window treatments in training. Encouraged to be well-behaved little curtains.

The end result is a bright and fun cuffed curtain for the laundry room window…

and a pink, cheetah lover’s delight, complete with turquoise ties for the back door! (Look closely and you can see my assistant – aka youngest daughter – holding the curtain for me to photograph.)

Isn’t this a great way to add some bright and fun color to your laundry room?

And way less expensive than a turquoise washer and dryer.

Oh, but how cute would that be?

Sharing with: My 1929 Charmer’s Sunday’s Best Party, Be Colorful Motivated Monday, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Cedar Hill Ranch CowGirl Up PartySavvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday

This entry was posted in Laundry Rooms, Window Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Colorful Laundry Room Window Treatments

1. FABBY says:

Beautiful laundry room window treatment! I just posted my laundry room reveal, but not with window treatment, as I need sunshine to come to dry my hand wash and dry clothing items. Love these though.
    FABBY

2. Honey says:

These are gorgeous, Sonya! They are so bright & cheerful that it should make doing laundry a much more pleasant job!

3. Shenita says:

Sonya, these are wonderful! Love the bright cheery colors and patterns for a laundry room! Just gorgeous!

4. Sissie says:

Hi Sonya,
    These curtain treatments are so pretty. Love the tip.

Just beautiful.

hugs
    Sissie

5. Cute, cute, cute! Where do you find all of your fabric, anyway? It certainly can’t be JoAnns! Hey, missed you a couple of weeks ago–we were leaving for vaca on that Thursday and Jillian’s BD was on that Tues., so I felt I was in a time crunch :/. Hugs! I’m going to check out your glitter clothespins.

6. So smart!! And absolutely darling fabrics. You are my MAIN lady for window dressing inspiration, Sonya. Love these!! LOL

7. Audrey says:

Adorably cute…even if you did have to pinch their little noses!

What a great burst of color for the room nobody wants to be in. These might even make laundry fun. I always enjoy your attention to detail. Thanks for sharing.
    Traci

9. mishelle says:

always love your creations!

10. That has got to be the most fun window treatments I have seen in awhile, Sonya! I love the colors and I’m sure it not only brightens up that laundry room, but makes it a nice place to be!

11. Oh how cute! I love the colors and patterns mixed together. You are a master at doing that! Do you mind sharing where the chevron fabric came from? My daughter would love it!

12. You are a girl of my heart, I love color, can never get enough. I love your curtains, and are so darn cute; Love how you mixed color and patterns, this can be tricky but you sure did it well. Some of the most colorful and fun curtains I’ve seen in a long time. So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

13. Clydia says:

You make the cutest stuff! I am in love with these curtains! I love how you mix fabrics together, they always look so great together!

14. Lisa says:

Precious! That’s got to be the cutest laundry room!

15. You always have such a great eye for combining colors and patterns! These are so fun! Thanks for the reminder on how to train your curtains- I need to do that on my bedroom curtains.

16. Linsey @ The Farmhouse Porch says:

What fun! Can’t wait to see the reveal!
    Linsey

Those are adorable Sonya!

18. BeColorful says:

Oh wow. I’m crazy for the colors. Now I want to see them in the laundry room. :D Thanks for sharing this week.
    p

19. Kristie says:

Oh my! You are one talented lady! I am so glad you stopped by my website and left a comment, otherwise I might not have found your blog. So glad to be your latest follower!

20. Charming, love the colors and tassels too! Hugs

21. Jill Flory says:

Those curtains are wonderful! And I love that tip on how to get them to do what they are told!!!!!

22. debbiedoos says:

C A Y U T E Sonya…I love the color and the fabrics!