Vintage Wedding Ceremony

In my last post, I began sharing a few more photos from Courtney and Drew’s wedding that we were unable to share last year.

The ceremony could not have been held in a more beautiful spot. Nature was the perfect backdrop for the look and feel to the wedding Courtney had envisioned. The tornadoes that threatened the area just a few days before were, thankfully, nowhere to be seen. You can read more about the ceremony in the original wedding post here.

Courtney and Drew used my nightstand (a vintage dresser that once belonged to my Grandmother) as the wedding altar. You can read more wedding decor details here.

The wedding was so special. Very sentimental. But we found out later that one of the funniest things that happened the entire day happened during a most sacred part of the ceremony…communion. Here you can see Courtney and Drew’s reaction to uncovering the bread and finding the top piece covered in ants! We had NO idea this was going on because we couldn’t see their faces at the time. Well, honestly, I probably couldn’t see through the tears but that’s beside the point. How those little guys found that bread so fast is beyond me. Luckily, my brother Matt (who officiated the ceremony) thought to include two pieces of bread and the second piece was ant free. We hope.

The wedding ceremony and reception were held on the property of long time family friends. Here you can see Courtney and Drew arriving at the reception. The ceremony was held in the clearing just to the right of the barn you can see in the distance.

The photographer, Clayton Austin, captured this photo of the reception at dusk. I love this shot.

I so hope you’re enjoying this re-cap of Courtney and Drew’s wedding. Reception decor and details coming up next.

SHARING WITH: Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Cedar Hill Ranch Cow Girl Up, Savvy Southern Style WOW us Wednesday, Stone Gable Tutorial, Tips and Tidbits, From My Front Porch to Yours Treasure Hunt Thursday, Vintage Gwen Show & Share

This entry was posted in Courtney's Wedding, Wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Vintage Wedding Ceremony

1. courtney says:

I will never get tired of looking at these!! Love you Mom!

You know, that looks like a romantic and fun event. The pictures are great!

3. Phyllis says:

Beautiful photos and so romantic, thank you for sharing these with us. The ants are just extra guests of an absolutely perfect wedding!

4. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Ahhhh…her wedding was so very pretty. The family dresser was such an awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing at my party.

Blessings,
    Linda

5. Nana Diana says:

What a beautiful, beautiful wedding-Great pictures- xo Diana

6. cheryl says:

How funny is that with the ants????? When my oldest daughter got married at 22…my youngest daughter was 9. She was supposed carry a little basket of flowers down the aisle as the flower girl. As she’s walking down the aisle i see in the basket with the flowers…..an ugly “gnome” doll right in the middle of the flowers. I couldn’t even get mad it was so funny!!!
    Your daughter had a beautiful spot for her wedding too. Looking forward to more pics.

7. Lou Cinda says:

Beautiful!! Love these photos!

Lou Cinda

So beautiful…sweetest wedding ever! :) LOVE that last shot.

9. Kathy says:

Lovely photos, looks like the day was perfect. such lovely surrounding. Thanks for sharing, Kathy

10. Jill Flory says:

Lovely! I love the way they used the dresser! Totally beautiful! And how funny about the ants – those little critters are way too fast!

11. Kristie says:

So beautiful! And what wonderful photos that you will cherish forever! Oh, I am loving that rag bunting that is decorating the car!

12. debbiedoos says:

Absolutely wonderful! I just loved her pics too.

13. Beautiful pictures! Looks like a lovely place to get married. I am your newest follower. I wanted to thank you for stopping by Posed Perfection and leaving me a sweet note today about the Chipper Chicken Soup. I hope you’ll visit again and maybe even follow back. Have a lovely week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

14. bj says:

Oh, my…I’ve never seen a more beautiful setting for a wedding. Just breathtaking. Your photographer was wonderful.
    I love that you included the ant story…:)))
    Your daughter is so pretty and he is such a handsome groom.
    OOO, and I love love love their choice of the alter. Beautiful.
    In fact, you should send these photos to a wedding magazine…I just know they would use them.

I love the photos they are so pretty and nice to see. Such a nice story to read. It seemed like a very romantic time.

16. Pat says:

Absolutely wonderful! I love all the special touches and yes, the location was perfect too. Regardless of the ants, they look like they’re having fun and that’s so important! I went to a wedding of a friend’s daughter and there was so much fun during the ceremony and the whole event. I loved every minute of it and yes, they’re still an incredibly happy couple!

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful moments ~

17. Jennifer says:

Thanks so much for linking this up lady! SO beautiful!!