Master Bath and a Private Courtyard

From the first time I saw this master bathroom I was in love. The idea of having a huge soaking tub, my own enclosed courtyard, plenty of light with a canopy of trees to insure privacy sounds delightful to me.

This home is situated in a way that truly makes this bathroom private.

I adore these windows! If you’re accustomed to closed blinds or glass blocks this concept might be a bit of an adjustment but I’d say worth the effort!

The simplicity of the cotton lace cafe style curtains hung from distinctive hardware is the perfect touch for this wall of windows.

The private courtyard is only accessible through the bathroom. Jan said the landscaper has to scale the walls in order to take care of her little oasis.

And have you seen Jan’s master bedroom? I think if I had a master suite like Jan’s, I’d have a hard time leaving this end of the house each morning!

Sharing with:  Three Mango Seeds It’s Party Time, Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday, The Farmhouse Porch Cowgirl Up Party

This entry was posted in Bathrooms, Featured Homes, Window Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Master Bath and a Private Courtyard

1. Nana Diana says:

What a great master bathroom. I love it but might feel a bit exposed in there (literally) xo Diana

2. Martina says:

Beautiful master bath!! Love the cafe style curtains!

3. Heavenly! I’m sure the water would be ice cold before I would want to leave that tub. :)

4. Gorgeous bath! and I love those curtains!!…stunning!

5. Lovely! I love the curtains, too. The material and style seem to fit this bathroom perfectly. I love the view out to the courtyard, too.

6. Stephanie says:

Gorgeous bath – I would want a tiered fountain in that private garden area!

I love this! So pretty!

All gorgeous and so put together! I love the softly color linens.

9. Lisa says:

The fabric is so gorgeous! Such a pretty window treatment!

10. Shenita says:

What a gorgeous bath, Sonya! It would be hard to leave this space. It’s such a lovely retreat! I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

11. Kristie says:

Beautiful! I especially love the drapery harware!

12. Pat says:

Incredible! What a personal sanctuary this is.

I once dated a guy that was a builder right outside Denver. The houses he was working on at the time were in Parker, CO. One house that I immediately fell in love with had the master suite & bath with windows that looked out on the front range….with a fireplace that each room shared. There was a TV and sound system also. A small refrigerator was in the built-ins in a nook of the bedroom. You could live in there for awhile! :)

13. Oh my, would I love a bathroom like this, What a great relaxing scenic view. But I think it would take me a while to get use to it. I’m rather shy that way. A courtyard off the bathroom, who would of thonk? I really love fabric of those curtains, an brings warmth to the room. I’m freaking jealous.

14. Clydia says:

Wow! I’m with you Sonya — I’d never leave either! Featuring this awesome bathroom! Thanks so much for sharing! {HUGS}