My Heart is Heavy

Pray for Oklahoma

Words fail.

My heart is so very heavy this morning. Oklahoma is my home. The past two days have been extremely hard. My family is safe but so many have lost so much.

Please join me in praying for the people who have been affected by the devastating tornadoes that swept through our state.  The families who have lost loved ones. Those who  have lost everything they own. The children….

“…God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.”  Romans 8:26-27  The Message Bible

Words fail…but not God. Even when all we can utter are wordless sighs and aching groans, God hears. He never fails. His Love Never Fails.

This entry was posted in Inspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to My Heart is Heavy

1. Sonya, what a perfect scripture. Our words do fail, but His never do. Prayers, love, hugs, all around. xoxo

2. It’s been a crazy couple of days. I’m so glad to hear that you & your family are safe. XOXO

3. Karen says:

Sonya, We are praying for all of our Oklahoma brothers and sisters. I have found it is as hard to be a thousand miles away and worry as it was to be right there in Edmond and worry. My heart is breaking for the families who have lost so much.

4. Sonia says:

Glad you are okay, we are too but many of our friends and church members have been affected. Just hard to imagine the devastation but we know Oklahomans are strong and our God is able to bring us through!
    Miss Bloomers

5. Tyla says:

Well said. I am just at a loss for words, but I’m so thankful you and your family are okay. Please know a friend in Tennessee is praying for your neighbors.

6. Karrie says:

Hi Sonya, I’m relieved to hear that your family is fine…. I was thinking of you yesterday when I heard the news…. I give to the Salvation Army requesting the funds go to the area where I feel the funds are needed (you can do that with an online donation), but if you think of another charity that you know of that can use some $$ for relief efforts there in OK, please let me know. Take care and prayers for all affected.

Praying, praying, praying.

8. Kathy :) says:

Sending our prayers from the NE, such a disaster !!! I’m so glad your family is okay !!

I also donated to the Red Cross

God bless,
    Kathy. :)

9. april says:

My oldest lives in Moore, OK. It was 15 blocks from his home. We have been praying.

10. Well said, Sonya. So glad you are ok. We lived in Oklahoma for years, and have friends in the OKC area. They are ok as well, but so many have lost so much. You are right, it is hard to even know what to pray, but the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. Joining you in praying.

11. Paula Chaffin says:

Sonya,
    Our hearts too are heavy. Prayers coming your way along with my husband with the Texas Baptist men.

Hi Sonya, I am so very sorry for the devestation that Mother Nature has caused. The destruction and the sadness must be horrible. I am so very sorry for this. I have no idea what everyone is going through her in NJ but I am so sad for everyone. I have been praying for you all!

13. I can’t even imagine this kind of devastation! So glad that you and your family are safe and sound;I’m praying for those affected.
    Susan

14. Mari says:

I will continue to pray for all who have perished and the survivors, it really broke my heart to hear of this devastation! God bless you and your dear love ones…

Blessings~
    Mari

15. Pat says:

It’s been so difficult to even try and comprehend the immense loss so many have suffered. My prayers will continue for all. Such a heartbreaking situation ~

The scripture you shared is perfect! God hears us and He knows what we can’t say when words fail us.