From Irrigation Junk to New Office Table

Irrigation Junk Table (2)

My friend Tara owns a greenhouse. This is a bit of an understatement.

She owns a GREENHOUSE.

Tara and her family own Guthrie Greenhouses aka Red Dirt Plants in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Guthrie Greenhouses has been in business since 1892!

I’ve had the privileged of working with Tara over the past few months and have slowing began sharing her new home with you.

Irrigation Junk Table (3)

Over the years, the greenhouse has accumulated more than a few rusty odds and ends. Tara asked one of her handy (and quite talented) employees to take whatever he could find in the back of the greenhouse and fashion a rustic table for her home office.

Irrigation Junk Table

This scrappy old door, complete with peeling paint and missing panes, became the table top.

Irrigation Junk Table

The base was made from rusty old pipes, spigots, fittings and other things I can’t name.

Irrigation Junk Table (4)

When finished and moved into place, Tara topped the old door with glass cut to size.

Irrigation Junk Table (5)

So cool! Who wouldn’t want to work and create on this desk? In fact, on the day I took this last pic Tara’s desk was covered with her latest project. Hence, the corner photo. :)

New office curtains are in the works. I’ll be sharing those and more of Tara’s gorgeous home soon. See more of Tara’s home here:  Kitchen, Laundry Room Curtains, Master Closet, Master Closet Curtains & Jewelry Display and Ceiling Treatments.

Learn more about Red Dirt Plants on their website or by visiting their Facebook Page.   Rug was purchased from Overstock.com

Sharing with: The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday, Sew a Fine Seam Inspiration Gallery, French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday, Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday, Funky Junk Interiors Party Junk, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesday’s Treasures #145, Cedar Hill Ranch The Scoop, Home Stories A to Z Tutorials and Tips, A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday, From My Front Porch to Yours Treasure Hunt Thursday

This entry was posted in Creative Projects, Featured Homes, Offices, Vintage and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to From Irrigation Junk to New Office Table

1. Tyla says:

That is one of the coolest tables I have ever seen!!! What cleverness!!! Thanks for sharing.

2. Nana Diana says:

Now THAT is a pretty cool piece!!!! Great industrial look- xo Diana

3. april says:

Love it. That gives me a wonderful idea what to do with an old door we have.

4. Jill Flory says:

How cool! love it!

5. Very cool, I love that the old spigot knobs and joints are still attached.

6. Thistle says:

Sonya!!!!

I adore this! Your friend is so talented! I’ve seen pipe tables before….but never with the faucets attached!

Happy day to you sweet friend!
    karianne

7. ooh, how cool is that!? I love that the knobs are on there, too–not just the pipes!

8. That is so clever. I love it. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

9. Carol Cook says:

Amazing table. Oh, how much fun it would be to have a bunch of rusty stuff and weathered wood to get creative with.

10. I’m positively over the MOON crazy for this desk design! It’s so delightfully quirky!

I’ll be featuring you in Party Junk 198 on Friday. Stay tuned! :)

11. Kayesi says:

What a great idea! My husband used to make wonderful desks for us with two file cabinets and a wooden door across the top. It gave us a much bigger workspace that I loved. Isn’t it fun to think “outside the box.” :)

12. Pingback: Party Junk 198 - a DIY link party via Funky Junk InteriorsFunky Junk Interiors

13. Cindy says:

So creative and I just love the look of it…great table!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday Sonya, always so nice having you here…
    Blessings,
    Cindy

14. Very unique and fun! Come link up at my party going on now at the Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday and share this post. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/08/centerpiece-wednesday-87-and-something.html
    Karin