A Burlap Table Skirt and a Pinteresting Question

Burlap Table Skirt (5)

I recently made the sweetest little burlap table skirt. Jennifer wanted a burlap skirt with a touch of white to cover a small side table in her living room.

I added a white ruffle with a pom pom detail about 4″ up from the hem. I’m loving the way this table skirt turned out!

Burlap Table Skirt (2)

In order to take a photo of the table skirt I draped it over a bar stool. Jennifer’s table is actually shorter and wider than what is shown here.

Burlap Table Skirt (3)

The ruffle is made from a 2″ piece of white cotton gathered along the middle.  I left the edges raw and frayed just a bit because I liked the way the raw edges looked against the burlap.

The ruffle is then stitched in place along the center gathering line.

I used a zig-zag stitch to attach the pom pom yarn (found at Michaels) on top of the ruffle. When stitching the zig-zag, I skipped each pom pom and stitched every other between space.

I definitely want to use this detail again. I can see this on pillows, curtains, lamp shades, table runners….So.Very.Sweet!

Now for my Pinteresting Question…

Burlap Table Skirt

I would love to know how you guys feel about the Pin It Button that shows up when you hover over each image throughout the blog posts.

1. Do you like being able to Pin from each photo?

2. Or is the blurring of the image as you hover over the photo a nuisance?

Personally, I would love to have the Pin It option without the blurring. As of right now, I don’t think that is an option.

***UPDATE*** We now how a new Pin It Button! Thanks so much for your helpful comments. The new button has the ease of Pinning without the blurring!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Custom orders are always welcome! Feel free to contact me if you’re interested in your own little burlap skirt or other projects for your home!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing with: French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday, The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday, Creative Home Expressions Creative Home and Garden Hop, Dwellings of your Heart and Home Amaze Me Monday, A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday #177, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesdays Treasures, The Farmhouse Porch The Scoop, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays, Marty’s Musings Homework Wednesdays, From My Front Porch To Yours Treasure Hunt Thursday, StoneGable’s Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits, The Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday

This entry was posted in Burlap, Creative Projects, Decorating Ideas and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Burlap Table Skirt and a Pinteresting Question

1. Nana Diana says:

Boy! That turned out just great. I love the sweet ruffle paired with the burlap. I have never seen the pom pom yarn but that is a cute touch, too.
    I don’t do much with Pinterest but I don’t like the blurred image but it does make for easy pinning- xo Diana

2. Sweet looking tablecloth you have here. I kinda like the pinterest button…makes it easy to pin.

Blessings,
    Linda

3. Diane says:

This table cover is adorable … love the little details you added! While I like the ease of being able to pin from each photo, especially when there are quite a few pictures in a post, I must admit the blurring makes me nuts!
    Diane

4. Very pretty, Sonya! I love the white trim detail on it. I’ve got the plain burlap table skirts from Ballard Designs, which I love, but this adds that little “somethin’ somethin'” to it!

5. Sonia says:

Sonya,
    What a fabulous tableskirt! Love the burlap and the white trim! I have a pin-it button on my blog now..I just added it and it doesn’t cause blurring. I love that bloggers are using it as there are so many pictures I want to save. Enjoy our crazy rest of the summer! Buckets of rain last night!
    Miss Bloomers

6. mmm, love the extra detail with the pompoms. I’m not crazy about the blurring with the pin it button. What plug-in is that?

7. Becca says:

Simple and yet so gorgeous! I love it! Stop by my Friday’s Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html

8. Carol Cook says:

Love the ruffle on the burlap.

9. Irene says:

Love the burlap tableskirt! I’m so glad to have the pin button on the pics; although the blurring drives me nuts! I can get over it if I can still pin what I want!

Wow Sonya, what a stunning table skirt. I am going to keep you in mind for our new home. I like the Pin It button.

11. Suzi says:

the button doesn’t bother me at all. love the pom pom yarn, i have some in red and will give the zig zag stitch a try. why didn’t you use a fabric glue to put it on?

• Sonya says:

Why didn’t I use glue? I suppose it’s because I sew so often that gluing, honestly, didn’t even cross my mind! That would have been a good alternative!

Love this table cover! I have seen some of your pictures on Pinterest but honestly, I just stalk here often. :)

13. bj says:

Adorable skirt for the table…now, I’m looking everywhere for a table to have you make me one just like it….:))
    I love the Pin It buttons on the photos,…makes things so easy. As soon as you move to the side of the photo, it’s no longer blurry.

14. bj says:

OK, I see that the pin button here is different from some of the others. I see that once you click on the pin, all the photos stay blurry. hmmmmm guess if you look at them all before clicking on the pin, then you can go back and pin the ones you like.

15. Love the ruffle pom pom, how fun is this. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

16. Tina says:

Now that is one adorable tablecloth . . . love the pompoms!

17. Carol says:

Love, love, love that tablecloth! I think the little white ruffle was a perfect touch! I’m ambivalent about the Pin It button — I generally forget that it’s there and just pin from tool bar.

18. Dawn says:

That is just really beautiful. Very creative of you. That looks like really nice, quality burlap, too, and the ruffle you made is so pretty.

19. so so cute! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share this post with us.
    Karin

Love it as with all of your creations Sonya! Thanx for joining THT and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

21. Marty Walden says:

I recently added the jquery button and wanted to know what plugin you’re using now. Thanks!

You’re also one of my top 3 Home{work} Wednesday posts. I’ll be featuring on the blog as well as pinterest and my fb page. Thanks for linking up!

22. Pingback: Home{work} Wednesday #14 - Worthing Court