Dreamy Master Bedroom Details

Brown, Gold & Cream Master BedroomShimmers and Sparkles. Velvets and Linens. Tassels and Ribbons. Damasks and Monograms. Mirrors and Chandeliers. Soft and Silky.

Just a few of the words that come to mind as I sit here thinking about this lovely bedroom.

And guess what? I even have BEFORE pictures! Can you believe it?

Bedroom Before

I love seeing BEFORE pictures. I rarely seem to have them. Why is that? Note to self: Need more before pics.

Bedroom Before 2

Tara’s new master bedroom is a mix of old and new. We made new window treatments, new pillows and a new bed skirt. She purchased a few new furniture pieces but also used existing furniture and bedding from her previous home.

1-Be-Ribboned Bed Skirt (2)

We made a gathered bed skirt from a gorgeous sparkly linen-like fabric called Western Bronze. It’s a woven poly/cotton that has a weave similar to linen with a sparkly thread throughout the fabric that gives it a wonderful shimmer in the light. Currently, this is one of my favorite fabrics. (I used an aqua version of this fabric to make these window treatments.

Be-Ribboned Bed Skirt

We added a chocolate brown grosgrain ribbon along the lower edge of the skirt (approx 2″ up from the hem) for added detail.

Monogrammed Pillow

The same Western Bronze was used to make a feature monogram pillow. We chose an embroidery thread very close in color to the fabric for a subtle, tone-on-tone monogram.

Master Bedroom Sitting Area

The sitting area is a mix of new chairs, a wood chest table from Marshall’s/TJ Maxx, two existing pillows and two new ones.

Tara had her handy man guys add the wood frame around the old tin piece. She plans to stain or paint the frame though here it’s shown unfinished.

Notice the iron hardware on the door? I’ll be sharing more of those wonderful details in the near future.

Gold & Brown Ruffled Pillow (2)

This luscious pillow featuring fabrics used throughout the room. See more here.

Master Sitting Area

And this lovely two tone brown damask complete with velvet ruffle and ribbon fringe.

Brown Damask Pillow

Next…Up close details on the velvet curtain panels and damask roman shades.

Brown, Gold & Cream Master Bedroom (2)

Fabric Sources... Brown damask – Interior Fabrics.  Western Bronze, Fringe, Taupe Crinkle – Fabrics Unlimited.  Brown Velvet, Gold Damask, Tassel Fringe – Vu’s Fabrics.

If you’d like to see more of Tara’s home there’s lots to see! Visit Master Bedroom Pillow, New/Old Office Table, Laundry Room Curtain, Custom Kitchen, Creative Jewelry Display, Girly Master Closet, Creative Ceiling Treatments.

Sharing with: French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday, From My Front Porch to Yours Treasure Hunt Thursday #120, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Marty’s Musings Homework Wednesday

This entry was posted in Bedrooms, Featured Homes, PILLOWS, Window Treatments and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Dreamy Master Bedroom Details

1. It’s simply stunning, Sonya and of course your work is impeccable!

2. amy says:

LOVE IT!!

3. Nana Diana says:

I don’t even know where to start. What a fantastic job. I love ALL the choices. The room looks rich and welcoming- LOVE it- xo Diana

4. I love those chairs! What a cozy space, I think I could curl up and stay for a while! :) Your work is absolutely gorgeous as usual!

That is absolutely a step above what most of us have. It’s incredibly beautiful!

6. Beautiful bedroom, Sonya! I love the ribbon detail on the bed skirt. The window treatments are as beautiful as I thought they’d be. Love the monogram pillow.

7. Shelia says:

It’s gorgeous! Love the bed skirt.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

8. Mari says:

It’s gorgeous, love the window treatments and the pillows are simply stunning!

Smiles~
    Mari

9. Sandy A says:

Simply–Beautiful!!

10. Sheri says:

beautiful!!! love it all! the chairs and the end table are great… and of course the pillows!

Beautiful pillow, actually the whole set is just gorgeous. I really love the monogrammed pillow too! I wish I had that talent!!!

12. Kathy says:

Absolutely stunning! I’d love to know how you made the dust ruffle. Is it attached to a sheet, or velcroed to the box spring? I’m thinking of trying to make one, and would love any advice. My e-mail is above. Thanks!!

Just gorgeous!

14. What a lovely bedroom, so rich, I love the deep colors. I especially love those hanging lights over the nightstands. The bed skirt is beautiful, as is the rug. Goodness it is all beautiful.
    Thanks, Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

15. Cindy says:

Beautiful fabrics, trim and shimmer too! Another GREAT job Sonya!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

16. Kimberly Carrion says:

Please advise if you sell the mirrors above the night stands. Interested.

17. Kimberly Carrion says:

Interested in mirrors. More details please

18. Carol says:

This room just wraps you in luxury — so stunning!

19. Pat says:

Absolutely stunning! I love all the fabrics and details. You are a master of mixing colors and textures of fabric. I can only imagine how luxurious this room must feel.

20. Pingback: Top Three Most Viewed From Home{work} Wednesday #15 - Worthing Court

21. Hi Sonya. What a gorgeous, gorgeous space! Just wanted to let you know that your link was the #1 most viewed from last week’s Home{work} Wednesday bloghop! Thank you for linking up with us.