A Quick and Easy Fall Decor Idea

Candles aglow

If you’re ready for a touch of Fall but not quite ready to pull out the big guns aka pumpkins here’s a quick idea for you.

Rustic Wood and Candlelight

While helping Tara with her accessories after she moved into her new home I made a quick centerpiece for her coffee table by gathering up a random assortment of her candles and grouping them together in this gorgeous, rustic wood bowl.

Coffee Table CenterpieceQuick. Easy. Done.

This is by no means a new concept but I love an idea that can be thrown together quickly and give you that instant change.

Rustic Wood Bowl with Candles

Years ago, I heard someone say (I think it was Martha Stewart) to always light unused candles, even if for just a few minutes, to take the newness off the wicks.

Such a simple, little thing but it makes a huge difference. Even if the candles are just for looks they now appear used instead of brand new.

Rustic and Candlelight

Today I pulled out my all-time favorite candle for Fall. Mulled Cider by Tyler Candles. I could burn this candle all winter long. And often do!

Do you have a favorite scent for Fall? I’d love to try something new this year.

SHARING WITH: Dwelling Amaze Me Mondays #23, Cedar Hill Ranch The Scoop, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesday’s Treasures, A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Would you like Beyond the Screen Door delivered to your inbox? It's easy! Just enter your e-mail address:

This entry was posted in Decorating Ideas, Seasonal Decor and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A Quick and Easy Fall Decor Idea

1. I love your collection of candles of the beautiful fall colors…My mother taught me that I should always light the wicks of the candles, even if I was just using them for decoration…to give them “life”….A Feng Shui thing I believe…

2. Martina says:

Soyna that looks so pretty…I love it!!
    I do the same thing and light my new candles so they look used even if they are only for display:)

3. Judy says:

This is a very good idea and looks so pretty! I have a bowl so think I will get some candles and make one for myself. Thanks for sharing!

4. Jenna says:

Wonderful idea! Candles bring instant warmth and ambience!
    Jenna

5. Very pretty- I love a quick and easy project, and this is perfect to get me started on fall decor. I have to confess that I don’t light my “for decoration” candles, but now I’m thinking I should go right now and give them a quick burn.

So pretty, I am a huge candle person. I have always lit my candles for just a few minutes to make them look homey and used. Now I am a huge Body and Bath Works jar burner so I don’t really use those kinds of candles anymore. Their scents are the best, they are the cleanest and burn to the bottom.

7. Nana Diana says:

That’s a cute idea. Big impact for a little change. I always light my candles, too, even if just for a couple of minutes. They look so much better. xo Diana

8. Shelia says:

This is such a simple arrangement but most of us couldn’t make it look as pretty as you have! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

9. Cindy says:

Beautiful centerpiece Sonya, love her red rustic bowl! I sell Tyler candles in my shop and that’s one of my favorite scents too!
    Always a pleasure having you share at Amaze Me Monday, thanks!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

10. debbiedoos says:

And that my dear is perfect! Just perfect, I can smell the harvest scents from here. I can’t wait to get some pumpkin scents soon.

11. Jacki says:

I love that beautiful wooden bowl – have never seen one like it! And the runner you made underneath it is gorgeous. You always have such interesting fabric mixes.

12. Tammy says:

Such a pretty candle display. The rustic wood bowl is the perfect way to show the candles. Very warm and inviting.

I love all the colors you mixed together. They look gorgeous. I love pumpkin spice scented candles so they are all pumpkin color. It is a good thing I like that burnt orange look/
    Traci

That’s really pretty Sonya. The whole thing has a pretty color and texture to it.

15. Carol says:

I’ve heard Martha say that about lighting candles, just to give the wick a used look. I really like the idea of a grouping of candles in the big bowl!