Pink & Turquoise Home Office Curtains

Creative Office Space Window TreatmentsYou know that feeling you have when you put a new outfit together that you’re really going to love it? You know it’s destined to become one of your favorites?

That’s the feeling I had when we picked out these fabrics. I knew I was going to love these curtains. And I was right! :)

Cafe Curtain with Crinkle Cuff and Beaded Trim (3)

Tara and I met at the fabric store to talk about the curtains for her home office. We knew turquoise was a must but we were wavering between colors like pink, orange, yellow and lime green to add to the mix.

Creative Office Space

Tara has an accent wall behind her desk painted turquoise as well as a quatrefoil area rug that gave us our turquoise beginning.

Fun Fabrics and Trims soon to be Office Curtains

When we pulled these fabrics together we knew we were headed in the right direction.

A pink and pale oatmeal floral cotton with a linen-like weave, a citrene yellow crinkle, an aqua and green quatrefoil (which is actually the wrong side of the fabric) a bright turquoise beaded tassel trim and a fuchsia gimp.

Before Windows for Home Office

Here’s a before shot of the two windows in Tara’s office during construction.
The narrower arched window faces the front of the house while the wider more traditional rectangle window faces the side.

We decided to dress the two window with entirely different window treatments but using similar colors in our fabrics. I love it when clients are willing to take a chance and think outside the box! It’s so much fun!

Creative Office Space (2)

Here’s another look at our before…

Memories

Tara’s been working on vacation pics.
Isn’t this sweet? I couldn’t resist taking a pic of her pics. :)

Creative Office Space Cafe Curtain

On this window we decided to make a cafe curtain complete with absolutely adorable gathered cuff.

Cafe Curtain with Crinkle Cuff and Beaded Trim

I made the crinkle cuff a bit differently than I normally do by gathering it and leaving a cute little ruffled header above the curtain. The turquoise trim serves a dual purpose by adding another level of cuteness as well as hiding the stitching where the cuff was attached.

The cafe curtains are lined with a napped ivory lining but I included a band of turquoise along the upper back side.  Adding one more level to the cuteness factor.

Creative Office Cafe Curtain

The curtains are inside mounted on a thick, twisted black iron rod. The rings were sewn on.

Cafe Curtain with Crinkle Cuff and Beaded Trim (2)

One more peek.

Creative Office Space Window Treatments

For the arched window we made a completely different window treatment which we mounted with drapery tiebacks.

Pink Painted Fleur de Lis and Medallions

Tara customized these (originally black iron) tiebacks from Hobby Lobby by painting them pink and dry-brushing with ivory.

Installing Curtain Hardware

The tiebacks were evenly spaced and installed half way between the crown molding and the trim of the window following the arch.

The far left and right tiebacks were place just to the outside of the window trim.

Installing hooks

Once the tieback base is screwed to the wall, the curtain was hung from the attached loops and the pink fluer-de-lis were screwed in place.

Pink Fleur de Lis Posts as Window Treatment Hardware Pink Medallion Curtain Tiebacks

Tara chose to use a different design for the actual tieback but painted the same pink.

Ruffle and Trim Detail on Office Curtains

While we used the aqua and green quatrefoil for the body of the curtain, the lower portion sported a lovely crinkle skirt, floral ruffle and trim.

Creative Office Space Window Treatments

A.dor.a.ble! I’m so very tickled with how these turned out!

This is a perfect example of how you can use two entirely different curtains in the same space with amazing results.
Sure, we could have easily treated both windows the same but the room wouldn’t have near the impact it does.

Shell Memories

Would you feel comfortable living in a space with two entirely different curtains such as these? Or do you prefer a more symmetrical approach?

I’d love to hear YOUR thoughts!

To see more of Tara’s home visit HERE.
All fabrics and trims were purchased at Fabrics Unlimited in OKC.

SHARING WITH: The Everyday Home The Scoop, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesdays Treasures, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, The Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday, Home Stories A to Z Tutorials and Tips Party, Posed Perfection All Things Thursday Blog Hop, Stone Gable Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits, From My Front Porch to Yours Treasure Hunt Thursday, No Minimalist Here Open House Party, Funky Junk Interiors Party Junk #212, French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday, My 1929 Charmer Sunday’s Best

This entry was posted in Featured Homes, Offices, Turquoise, Window Treatments and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Pink & Turquoise Home Office Curtains

So perfect!! I love several of the details I can see in that room. You and Tara are a great team.

2. Mari says:

I love the way you use two different curtains, but I’m a boring gal and symmetrical ;)

3. Anita says:

Oh you had me at pink and turquoise! Love, love, love these!! So pretty and theatrical!

4. Beautiful, Sonya, and I love the fabrics you both chose. I love her office in general, too.

5. Karrie says:

Love, love, love them! As always, you make the perfect look!

6. Kim says:

So pretty! The drippy turquoise fringe is so fun. I could totally have different window treatments in a room! Hugs! Kim

7. Shenita says:

Sonya, I really love this space! The colors are so pretty; and the different window treatments are so fun. They compliment each other beautifully!

8. Lisa says:

These are so gorgeous! Such a beautiful workspace!

9. Nana Diana says:

I think it is just fun. It makes me smile and feel happy. A perfect space with fun colors and “life” to it! xo Diana

10. I hope that you have the words “Window Treatment Artist” on your business card. You have outdone yourself again!

11. You are so talented. Yes I would use different curtains in the same room. My house needs some serious attention now but I’m getting old and it’s hard to paint. I love to sew and maybe new curtains will inspire me to do more.

Thanks for sharing you ideas. Love the way you decorate.

Have a great day!

Debbie

12. Michelle Holland says:

Fabulous!

13. Brenda Cronk says:

Gorgeous as always! Where did you find the gorgeous “Wayfarer” (gold) chair behind the desk? I want one!

14. Irene says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! You are the most creative designer, Sonya! So beautifully done!

15. Gorgeous as always, Sonya. This may be my favorite yet. I would do two different treatments in a room as long as I had you to do it for me. I wouldn’t have a clue how to pull it off myself! :)

16. Betty says:

So beautifully done and simply gorgeous. I’m green with envy.

17. I love how you used the different style of drapery treatments….it makes the room so interesting and beautiful….i love them…you are so very talented Sonya!

Sonya these are absolutely gorgeous. The different fabrics make them so interesting and I love what Tara did with the hardware. She has such a stunning office, love the chandelier. Pinning!!!

19. Pat says:

I prefer things being different ~ and absolutely LOVE these!! You are truly amazing ~ your creativity plus sewing skills are top notch. The hardware is an added plus. I love this room! So many unique touches and that’s my idea of “happy”.

Thanks always for sharing!

20. Melanie says:

I love these curtains, so luxurious. Great fabrics and colours.

21. Michelle Johnston says:

I absolutely love it! I think it all meshes together perfectly!

22. Jessica Sala-Bonin says:

I think both could work and can totally be pulled off (you proved it!!) and love the medallion/tiebacks :)

23. I love the curtains and your home office is beautiful! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/11/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_10.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

24. Bonnie Schulte says:

As soon as I saw these windows, I was in Love.

25. These are beautiful, Sonya! I love Tara’s office and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining the Open House party and check out your feature at this weeks party.
    xx,
    Sherry

26. TO DIE FOR!! I need an office like that!!