Springtime Inspiration: Front Porches, Wisteria Vines and Aqua Doors

Welcoming Victorian Entrance

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. We attended a Saturday night Easter Worship service with my Sister-in-law Gina and her family, participated in two worship services at our home church, spent the afternoon cooking and the evening at Gina’s home for Easter dinner.

Years ago Gina said, “Let’s have Easter at my house because it matches!”  And it does! Inside and out. :)

Aqua Door and Lace Garland

Gina’s double front doors are a gorgeous chippy aqua blue.

Welcome - Front Door Aqua Front Door & Lace Garland

The doors are framed by a frothy lace & burlap garland and adorned with twin rose wreaths.

Chippy Aqua Front Door Details

Here you can see the chippy, crackling detail of the doors.
Click here to see Gina’s doors decorated for Christmas.

Aqua Front Door

Irish Prayer

A hand written Irish Blessing greets you as you walk up the steps to the front door

Garden Decor

and you’ll find hidden gems like turquoise bicycles throughout the flower beds.

Blooming Wisteria

Gina is extremely proud of her wisteria. This variety wrapping itself around the front porch posts is full of the most fragrant blooms but the foliage hasn’t come out yet.

Front Porch Gazebo

The gazebo, which is around the porch to the left of the front door, is wrapped by a different wisteria variety with foliage but no blooms. Yet.

Front Porch Dining

By summer, the street side of this gazebo will be completely secluded by wisteria.

Enjoy Life

Happy Easter (2)

Glittery, bejeweled Easter friends decked out in tutus stood at attention during dinner.

Happy Easter

And last but not least a glimpse of Gina’s master bedroom.

Romantic Master Bedroom

She always has such a great combination and variety of linens on this bed which you practically need a step stool to climb into!

At this point, before I even had a chance to take a step into the backyard or snap more pictures of the house, the battery on my camera took it’s last breath.
But don’t worry! I’ve already made plans to go back for more pics.

~~~~~~~~~

Do you have a Window Treatment Dilemma?
Be sure to check out the details to ASK SONYA for possibly solutions to your most difficult window treatment situations.

Sharing with: Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Inspire Me Monday, Dimples and Tangles Best of the Nest, Worthing Court The Scoop, Dwellings Amaze Me Monday, A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday, Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Domestically Speaking Inspire Me Monday, The Dedicated House Make It Pretty Monday,

This entry was posted in Exteriors, Featured Homes, Seasonal Decor, Turquoise, Turquoise Door. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Springtime Inspiration: Front Porches, Wisteria Vines and Aqua Doors

1. Beautiful! I love wisteria, but had heard that it’s hard to control, so I have been afraid of planting it. Is there a particular variety that is less invasive?

• Sonya says:

I’ve not heard of a wisteria that’s not invasive. Gina and her husband have planted it in three areas around their home and have been able to maintain it.

2. What a beautiful home, Sonya! It looks like Gina’s home is one of those you stop and do a double take at! Love those pots near her front steps. Any idea what those airy flowers are in the front pots? I’m sure the inside of her home is lovely. Without sounding like a stalker, I’d love to see more!

• Sonya says:

Hi, Kathy! Those are Calibrachoa, sometimes called Million Bells. One of my alltime favorite summer plants especially for hanging baskets or big pots. They come in all sorts of colors and color combinations. So pretty!

3. Sherry K. Martin says:

Beautiful… looks like it just could not have been more Easter fitting!!!! I would have been like a kid in the candy store : ))) Perfect settings for a perfect day that reminds us that Jesus is Alive !!! Hallelujah!!

4. Sonia says:

What a lovely home and porch! It looks like a home in the deep south with the large gazebo and wisteria vines. What a great way to celebrate Easter with church services, family and a lovely setting!
    Miss Bloomers

5. Lisa says:

What a charming home! The perfect setting for a lovely Easter.;)

6. Rosemary Armesto says:

Dear Sonya,

Your home is so lovely. And LOVE is what shows. Anything good that happens to me I think of you and your wonderful sense of Faith. It’s a pleasure to see your beautiful creations and to have met you through this ‘thing’ called the internet. God Bless you and yours. Love, Rosemary Apex, NC

7. Mari says:

What a gorgeous home, those double front doors are beautiful…

Smiles~
    Mari

8. Oh my, what a gorgeous home, and I love Wisteria with her. You can keep on top of Wisteria by pruning hard. Wisteria will bloom 3-4 times over a summer if you prune after each bloom period. Please of please would Gina share the turquoise paint color!

Please, please!

• Sonya says:

I’m so sorry, Cathy, but Gina doesn’t recall the name of this paint color. I’ll be sure to update this post if I can color match it! :)

9. Gorgeous! I love love love the hidden details, chippy double doors, all of it. Thanks for sharing, Sonya! And happy (belated) Easter to you and yours. I hope your springtime is constantly beautiful like you.

What a gorgeous home! I bet you love every minute there.

11. So pretty and full of personality! What a fabulous wisteria! We had to cut ours way back several years ago and it still hasn’t re-bloomed again. :(

12. CD Loken says:

Beautiful home! I love the turquoise doors and the wisteria is gorgeous!

13. Sonya,
    Thanks for sharing Gina’s charming home with us at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday…love her porch!

Blessings,
    Linda

14. Beautiful! And, the wisteria! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the party so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/05/make-it-pretty-monday-week-99.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse