A Fun-Filled Tour of a Sun-Filled, Color-Filled Parlor

Vintage Fireplace

The Parlor at my sister-in-law Gina’s home is undoubtedly a girl’s room.

When our family gets together at her house, the girls will often gather together in the parlor to talk and laugh. The perfect place to talk about girly things is in a girly room!

Chair & Ottoman

Gina and her husband George love color and are not shy about using it! You’ll see their love of color as well as the beach reflected throughout their entire home.

The Parlor is no exception. Even the orange glazed walls remind you of a beach sunset.

Pink Sofa

The orange and coral polka dot chair/ottoman and channel back pink sofa are both from Maine Cottage.

MacKenzie-Childs Chandy

This delightful chandy, which practically defines bohemian, is from MacKenzie-Childs.

Stained Glass & Chandy

Adjacent to the sofa is a vintage stained glass window paired with a drippy pink & white chandelier.

Parlor

This view from the upstairs landing shows an antique fireplace surround George purchased years ago and incorporated into The Parlor when they built their home. The fireplace surround was originally very dark. Gina painted it white to better suit their style.

The sweet little tuffet sitting in front of the chair on the left is also MacKenzie-Childs. Gina draped this chair with a vintage shawl and Shabby Chic sheet.

Mantlescape

Layers of beach memories.

Chinese Lanterns (2)

Need a place to store your Chinese lanterns? Try the fireplace.

Need something to fill your fireplace? Try Chinese lanterns!

Parlor (3)

Have you ever entered a home where you couldn’t tell a thing about the home owners?

The Parlor is the first room you see when you enter Gina’s home and it’s pretty obvious that this family has tons of personality!

And I’m so glad they’re part of my family! :)

See more of Gina’s home here and here.

Sharing with: Coastal Charm Show & Share Party, Cedar Hill Farmhouse The Scoop,

This entry was posted in Featured Homes, Living Rooms, Power of Paint, Vintage. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Fun-Filled Tour of a Sun-Filled, Color-Filled Parlor

1. Lori says:

What a super fun room. I would so hang out there too! The lanterns are a great touch spilling out of the fireplace.

2. martina says:

WOW Sonya what a pretty room…such a happy space!! Gina’s mantel is gorgeous and I love how she filled it with the Chinese lanterns…cute idea!

I just love it when people are that brave! What a beautiful happy space – I love all the colors and interesting shapes.

4. Sherry K. Martin says:

This would make any heart ❤smile !!! Such a fun and happy place to gather !!! Love all the color !

5. Shenita says:

Sonya, this parlor just makes me smile! Love all of the color and whimsical details. I remember her front porch from your Easter post! It is awesome! There is no way to enter this home and not feel happy!

6. Wow! I love all of the color! Thanks for sharing it with us!

7. Vickie says:

I’m like the others…this room just makes me smile. That room shouts confidence!!! We all should have more of it. Thanks for sharing this.

Sonya, I love this parlor it is so filled with color and just makes you happy and can tell they are very fun playful people. I had a feeling that lantern was from McKenzie Childs, not sure why it just seemed like them. I am a color person too but this is so suited for a beach area. Love that mantle that is incorporated.

9. What an absolutely fun and whimsical room, Sonya! I love the McKenzie Childs pieces. If I had the budget, I would have bought some of their stuff myself for our old house. This seems like just such a happy room.

10. I so love the colors, style and textures in this room. I also love the furniture but certainly out of my price range. So glad they are able to enjoy it in their home. thanks so much for sharing.

11. My first thought was what a fun lady!! This is wonderful and I recognize McKenzie-Child immediately. What a happy and fun room. Thanks for sharing.

Gina has such a vibrant and fun home! I bet her personality matches. Thanx for sharing her lovely space with us!

13. Cathy says:

This is just gorgeous Sonya! I love all of the color and you know I adore the MC! I’m already trying to think of a place for the Chinese lanterns! So fun! I hope you are going to share more of this wonderful home!

14. christine says:

Wow what a wonderful room…..love the colors and the feminine feel of it!!!