As I sit here writing this post I’m resisting the urge to melt into panic mode.
Kaleigh and Jared’s wedding is in 6 and 1/2 weeks. Somehow, I just realized this.
My brain has been stuck on 8 weeks.
8 weeks is good. 8 weeks is manageable.
I can do 8 weeks.
6 weeks might as well be this weekend, People!
A bit irrational? Yes.
Since it’s 10:00 pm and I can’t do anything about it tonight, I’ll channel my inner Scarlett O’Hara, “I’ll think about that tomorrow” and bring you up to date on some of the latest happenings around here.
- My baby girl went to her first prom wearing a handmade succulent corsage. Isn’t this so cute! Kaleigh made the corsage using several different succulents and a pearl bracelet for the base. So cute!
- Courtney and Drew are moving to Oklahoma! I’m so excited! It’s not a permanent move but that’s okay. Just as long as they realize I’ll be praying it’ll turn into a permanent move. 🙂
Cutest Prom Shoes Ever
- Last week I spent 3 exhausting days preparing for and hosting a garage sale. Today, Habitat for Humanity came and picked up everything that was left over. The clean garage and feeling of relief to have that stuff out of my house…priceless!
- “The Curious Case of the Procrastinated Projects” – a possible post I have in mind for all the half finished projects I have floating around this house. Those that weren’t sold in the garage sale.
- In 6 weeks, for Kaleigh’s wedding – ALL of my side of the family will be together again for the first time in almost 10 years. 2 parents, 5 siblings, 5 spouses, 14 grandchildren and 3 grandchildren spouses. I AM BEYOND EXCITED!
- Currently, I have a free standing ice maker that’s no longer producing ice, a dishwasher leaving crusty deposits on the dishes, a microwave on the fritz and a dryer that’s acting finicky. For Courtney’s wedding my oven quit. Just stating the facts.
- The previous point is one of reasons I’m near panic mode. Though I’m hiding it quite nicely don’t you think?
My Baby Girl! Soon to be a Senior!
- I have yet to find a dress for the wedding.
- I have yet to find shoes for the wedding.
On a Business Note…
- Many email subscribers have not been getting the blog emails. I’m so sorry! In fact I subscribe myself and I haven’t been getting them! My plan is to switch carriers soon. I’ll be sure to let you know when that occurs.
- Beyond the Screen Door is now offering Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities. Feel free to email me if you are interested and having any questions about the process.
I’ll be sure to keep you updated on all the wedding happenings. Follow along on Instagram (beyondthescreendoor) for updates. I’m on Twitter too (sonyascreendoor) but I really don’t know what I’m doing! 🙂