A Quick Wedding Update

The Bride & Her Groom

Tomorrow is Kaleigh and Jared’s big day!

We are so excited for them. The preparations have run the gamut from arranging fresh flowers to making an unusual aisle cloth. From making more chicken salad than I’d like to recall to cleaning 50 year old milk bottles covered in dust. From cleaning my neglected house to…you name it!

Here’s a few random pre-wedding week details to bring you up to date…

The Bride & Groom

• One night after waking up at 4:30am (trust me, this is a highly unusual occurrence) and not being able to go back to sleep I cleaned out the fridge.
  • Check “clean fridge” off list.
  • On the nights that I have slept, my subconscious continues making all sorts of wedding plans all on its own. Even to the point of talking in my sleep telling people “You’re not doing it the right way! You need to do it this way!” :)

Sisters & Cousins

Sister’s and Cousins – My sister, Sheri, niece Jesse, The Bride-Kaleigh, Karianne, Moi and Courtney at Sheri’s house for a family wedding shower.

• I have a flat bed trailer parked in my garage loaded with wedding paraphernalia.
  • A bathtub filled with tubs of fresh flowers. My bathroom has never smelled so good!
  • While walking out the door to actually be at church on time last Sunday, I twisted my ankle, fell, scared my kids half to death and now have a huge bruise on my back. I’m fine but talk about feeling stupid…and late for church.
  • I used iron-on hem tape to hem my outfit one hour before a shower.
  • My washer and dryer went non-stop for 3 days straight.
  • My sofa did not get a new slipcover. The hole the dogs chewed in it is still there.
  • The world didn’t end.
  • Blew a fuse while trying to change a bad light bulb.
  • Busted said light bulb in my hand while trying to get it out of a lamp. (after I unplugged it) 2 cut fingers. No stitches.
  • I’ve learned the weeks prior to a wedding is NOT the time to give up caffeine.
  • 2/3rd of my family have traveled over 1200 miles to be here with us.
  • All 29 member of my side of the family are in the same town for the first time in 10 years.
  • All 29 members of my family – plus some – will be at my house for dinner tonight.
  • My little girl is getting married and I may or may not have cried.
  • I may or may not being crying right now.
  • I bought waterproof mascara.

A view at the Farm

The view behind my sister, Sheri’s home.

• Sending out a huge THANK YOU to all you sweet ladies who are still my friend even though I’ve been such an absent blogger and comment-er over the past few weeks.
  • I love you, guys!
This entry was posted in Family, Kaleigh's Wedding, Wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Quick Wedding Update

Bless your heart! If I were there I’d be helping you Sonya. Even if it was just passing kleenexes or serving chicken salad. I know you all will pull off a beautiful weekend. Try to take time to enjoy it. :)

2. Rita says:

The time has flown and the big day is here. Take a moment, even if you are getting Kleenex or simply lying there awake tonight. This is what you have raised your daughter for, to be a wife and a beautiful woman of God. Those years have gone by in the blink of an eye and you have done an amazing job. What beautiful memories have been made during all of this. What a blessing to have all the family there. Your daughter is beautiful inside and out just like you, Sonya.
    Congratulations and enjoy..enjoy every minute.
    Rejoicing with you,
    Rita

3. M says:

Enjoy the day!!!

Sonya you have been a very busy bee. Good for you for not sweating the small stuff. Your family will be so happy to be together and celebrate a glorious day. The couple sure do look happy and wish them all the best in world. They deserve happiness and peace especially with what Kaleigh had to go through. Savor every minute it goes by in a blink and stay calm things will be great. I can’t wait to see and read more.

5. vicki says:

She should havevgotten married at Sherri’s.just sayin!

6. Irene says:

The day is almost here and I’m so happy for all of you! What a miraculous day it truly is! I’ve missed you! I’ll be calling you next week after you get rested up! Happy blessings sent your way!

7. Vickie says:

I had to laugh at your last item…waterproof mascara. See, you’re not completely out of your mind if you remembered that. This is going to be fun and filled with memories. Your family has my positive thoughts and prayers this weekend. You go girl!!!

8. I have to smile…My daughter got married in May 2013. All was lovely …but I was a zombie for two days after…just worn out! Ha!
    I am sure all will be well with your affair…but sleep for a few days after the dust settles.
    Sheila

9. Scottie says:

Thinking of all of you. I know the wedding will be beautiful. God’s richest blessings to

10. Scottie says:

Oops….God’s richest blessings to you and yours!

11. Deborah Wilkins says:

I hope everything went well for your and your family, Sonya! Can’t wait to see the wedding photos! I also hope you are able to get some R&R once all your visitors are headed home. If you need a diversion…….a road trip to North Carolina would be a good place to start! I need a fabric fix – what about you?

Deborah