Tomorrow is Kaleigh and Jared’s big day!
We are so excited for them. The preparations have run the gamut from arranging fresh flowers to making an unusual aisle cloth. From making more chicken salad than I’d like to recall to cleaning 50 year old milk bottles covered in dust. From cleaning my neglected house to…you name it!
Here’s a few random pre-wedding week details to bring you up to date…
- One night after waking up at 4:30am (trust me, this is a highly unusual occurrence) and not being able to go back to sleep I cleaned out the fridge.
- Check “clean fridge” off list.
- On the nights that I have slept, my subconscious continues making all sorts of wedding plans all on its own. Even to the point of talking in my sleep telling people “You’re not doing it the right way! You need to do it this way!”
Sister’s and Cousins – My sister, Sheri, niece Jesse, The Bride-Kaleigh, Karianne, Moi and Courtney at Sheri’s house for a family wedding shower.
- I have a flat bed trailer parked in my garage loaded with wedding paraphernalia.
- A bathtub filled with tubs of fresh flowers. My bathroom has never smelled so good!
- While walking out the door to actually be at church on time last Sunday, I twisted my ankle, fell, scared my kids half to death and now have a huge bruise on my back. I’m fine but talk about feeling stupid…and late for church.
- I used iron-on hem tape to hem my outfit one hour before a shower.
- My washer and dryer went non-stop for 3 days straight.
- My sofa did not get a new slipcover. The hole the dogs chewed in it is still there.
- The world didn’t end.
- Blew a fuse while trying to change a bad light bulb.
- Busted said light bulb in my hand while trying to get it out of a lamp. (after I unplugged it) 2 cut fingers. No stitches.
- I’ve learned the weeks prior to a wedding is NOT the time to give up caffeine.
- 2/3rd of my family have traveled over 1200 miles to be here with us.
- All 29 member of my side of the family are in the same town for the first time in 10 years.
- All 29 members of my family – plus some – will be at my house for dinner tonight.
- My little girl is getting married and I may or may not have cried.
- I may or may not being crying right now.
- I bought waterproof mascara.
The view behind my sister, Sheri’s home.
- Sending out a huge THANK YOU to all you sweet ladies who are still my friend even though I’ve been such an absent blogger and comment-er over the past few weeks.
- I love you, guys!