An Unexpected Gift

Lake Cottage Master Bedroom (2)

Last week, after all the wedding planning, company coming to town, long distance road trips and conference attending, we packed up the family and went to the lake for a few days.

We arrived in shifts and left in shifts, due to everyone’s conflicting schedules, but we managed to all be together at least part of the time.

Every time you’re able to get away with the family is a gift but the unexpected gift came as everyone began planning the trip back home.

Lake Cottage Master Bedroom

Courtney and Drew brought these little guys. ┬áRook the Labrodoodle and Lokie the Maltipoo. You can even follow them on Instagram if you’d like. @rookthelabradoodle and @lokithemaltipoo. :)

Lake House

Our view. This shot reminds me of the lake scene in Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood.

Lake Cottage Master Bedroom (3)

The unexpected gift? We had the lake house for 2 more days. No one else could stay.

Except me.

So I stayed…at the lake…by myself...for 2 1/2 days. Alone. All by myself.

It was loverly.

My 2 1/2 days were filled with taking naps, reading books, watching movies, basking in the quiet, soaking up the view, recharging my worn out batteries, working a little bit and…of course…taking pics of this adorable lake house.

More of the abundant cottage cuteness at this lake house coming up soon.

This entry was posted in Bedrooms and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to An Unexpected Gift

1. What a wonderful getaway, both with family and without. You needed the rest, for sure! :)

Wow. My dream is a few days of alone time at the lake! Bless your heart!

3. Vickie says:

What a beautiful place and a beautiful gift for yourself. I’m a big believer in taking time for yourself. I thought at first that your gift was a new puppy:) Love, love, love dogs…and cats too!

4. Donna S Martin says:

Aren’t unexpected gifts the nicest?

5. Becky says:

What a treat for you! It all looks beautiful.

I’m impressed! Staying there alone is something I would never do – a little afraid of the boogie man. I bet you loved every minute of it.

7. Cindy says:

Ahhh, that would be so nice!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

8. Oh what a lovely unexpected gift indeed. Much deserved. I have a little of that going on here at the farm this week. Kinda looking forward to the quiet and the easy food, etc. hugs!

9. This is awesome…what a blessing.

10. Scottie says:

Aren’t you one lucky lady? This looks wonderful and I am glad you had so much fun.

Two glorious and quiet days, you must have been in seventh heaven. That is definitely a gift.

12. Pat says:

You so deserve such a treat! It’s a beautiful place to just relax and veg out.